Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Re-cap (2009, that is... finally!)

Okay, so I've been a little slow on the holiday recovery...
and even slower to get back to this blog.
Which means this is a really long post,
with LOTS of pictures.
I figure at this point,
it's easier to just summarize
most of our Christmas.
in Utah.
at once.
(I say most because I just noticed that I left a few events out... maybe they'll show up later)

Hold on... this may take awhile.

The number of boxes waiting for us when we arrived.
(THANK YOU internet shopping and free shipping!)


It took a few days,
but I was able to transform many of those boxes into this:


And move on to Family Christmas Parties
Party #1

A captive audience


watching angels big,


and small.


Mary and Joseph with shepherds,


and Wisemen
(uhh... yeah... extremely wise)


and a (very well behaved) baby Jesus.


Things got really crazy when they brought out
a sombrero,
a stick,
and a donkey.


Maddie taking charge - look out!


And a free-for-all to end the party right.
(There was also sledding, but my camera missed that!)


Party #2
Christmas Eve
with another Nativity re-enactment.


Mary seeing angels, a happy sheep and... a laughing leopard(?)


Narrated by Grandpa.


Then came the musical talents


of all kinds,


from pretty much everyone.
(too many to post)


And a game or two of BINGO.


(Jenessa must be winning - look at that smile!)


And finally... the anticipation of opening a gift from
Grandma and Grandpa

1...2...3... go!


PAJAMAS!
(a Christmas favorite - thanks Grandma and Grandpa!)


Look at all those Grandkids,
(minus 2)
ready for bed,
with sugarplums dancing through their heads.


Christmas Morning
and Logan is ready to get this party started


with Jolly old Collin,

and my tip for the day:

What do you get the guy who has everything?
(or goes and gets it if he doesn't)
WEAPONRY!


Even Teddy figured things out.


Enjoying the Weather -
Logan and Derrick sledding the easy way.


There they go...


through the field.
(no woods here)


Teddy loves being outside, with his head in the snow.

Brrrr...

Happy Birthday Teddy,


and Happy New Year everyone!

Here we are,
ringing in the New Year for all the world to hear.
(well, at least the sleeping neighbors)


I'm pretty sure this woke them up!
(these kids look quiet, don't they?)


We enjoyed every second
we spent with family and friends this Christmas.

We are now looking forward to a great New Year!
(and our next visit HOME)

1 comment:

  1. Wow---I can't believe you still go home for Christmas's----I haven't been home since my kids were toddlers....way too much work!

    Looks like you had fun, though!

    ReplyDelete