Thursday, September 24, 2009

Modern Times

Aren't these rubber boots CUTE?!
I don't mean JUST these ones, but there are a gazillion cute
rubber boot options out there today.


Back in the olden days when I was working on the neighbor's farm,
I used to wear rubber boots that looked like this...
(nice, huh?)


And I used to change sprinklers that looked like this...
Notice: The pipes are laying on the ground.
This means they must be picked up.
With your hands.


This is Collin going out to change the sprinklers one fine summer day...
Notice: The big wheels.
They are attached to the pipe.
That won't need to be picked up off the ground.


And this big motor thing...
It makes the wheels (and pipe) move.
(He's just using ONE hand!)


Look at how happy Teddy is to be out in the field
while Collin spends a few minutes
changing the sprinklers.


And when the pipe have been moved, they look over their handiwork.
(notice HIS sprinkler changing shoes)


Before riding back to the house.


Modern technology.
It's a really great thing for my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Love those "wellies"! A few years ago when it rained for about three months solid, I went and invested in three new pairs of rubber boots. A brown and creme pair, a hot pink and purple pair and a navy pair with white polka dots! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete