Monday, September 7, 2009

Laboring in Maine

Since today was Labor Day,
we decided to take a break from our labors
and go to a beach we hadn't visited yet -
Old Orchard Beach in Maine.

It was a bit breezy and cool,
(Let's see... have I EVER been to a beach in Maine when it hasn't been breezy and cool?)
though the temperatures didn't slow the boys down any...

Collin built a windbreak,
(thanks Collin!)


and then he did a little skim boarding.


Logan, the BRAVE soul that he is,
actually got in the water,


and then put the windbreak to good use.


It was a great way to spend the (official) last day of summer...
On a beach.
In Maine.
Together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Now you know where I have some of my gigs! I play at a club/restaurant up there a few times a year....never been to the beach, though---looked fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's how you end a summer. It looks beautiful there...like you see in the movies. I am glad you got to spend the day together doing something fun. You have such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete