This afternoon, Logan informed me that his "engineering challenge" was due TOMORROW. He needed to design and build something useful that contains two or more simple machines.
First of all, I thought the project was due Friday.
Second, I have exactly ZERO engineering bones in my body. Really. Zero. Ask me to create something new and different AND useful and my mind goes completely and totally BLANK! It's like I have no mind.
And third, I struggled with a computer issue earlier today that had nearly pushed me to the limit -- I am pretty much computer illiterate when it comes to anything harder than typing an email. (There, I said it. Out loud.)
This was just what I needed -- something else to make me feel really SMART -- an engineering project!
I put Collin to work as Logan's assistant. They came up with a "Book Page Turner". It's very useful if you are trying to eat, hold a book open and turn pages at the same time. It cuts out a step... or two. This handy machine will hold your book open and with a turn of the wheel, flip your page over -- INGENIOUS!
Then came the fun part. Helping him build it. Using "stuff you have at home". At 6:30 p.m. While fixing dinner. HELLO!
Logan was a trooper. He cut (loves using that pocketknife!) and glued and wired and turned screws. Me... I just tried not to burst into tears.
I won't include a picture. Use your imagination as you picture this amazing (and worthwhile) machine. We're keeping this one under our hats -- might make us millions! :)


It's funny how you feel relieved when you graduate from school...it's just false hope. When you have kids you do it all over again! Hats off to Collin for helping his little bro out. What a good older brother! And I must say that I am quite impressed with their invention!
ReplyDelete